Great Variety in Madrid
For many, Spain is a place to bask in the sun, either on a sandy beach or by a hotel swimming pool. However, the real Spain lies in its majestic cities and idyllic countryside. The old architecture, the Iberian and Catalan cultures, the exquisite cooking, the soccer, the controversial bull fighting…..and of course the outrageously sunny and pleasant weather. Plenty good reasons for you to book your airfare to Spain!
Madrid is the capital of Spain, located right in the center of the Castillian plain with a population of three million. Madrid is a cosmopolitan city that offers much to its visitors; beautiful scenery, parks and museums, great restaurants and nightlife, variety of shops and markets, and for the golf nut, excellent golf courses. What about spending a Sunday at the El Rastro, one of Europe’s biggest flea markets, or take a dip in Aquopolis, a huge water park, designed for cooling off in the hot sun.
Enjoy the evenings in the capital of Spain
Then, come evening, you can take your pick from over three thousand restaurants located all over the city. Think about it! Dining in one of Madrid’s finest, recalling the bull fight or the visit to the Santiago Bernabeu stadium to watch Real Madrid cut an opponent down to size!
Godt at vide
- Icelandair operates flights to Madrid during the summer.
- Our flights to Madrid arrive at the Madrid Barajas International Airport, just 8 miles northeast of central Madrid.
- Tourists may take our flights to Madrid and then rent a car to discover Spain; Barcelona is 385 miles away, Alicante 260 miles and Zaragoza 195 miles.
- During your stay in Madrid, try to find time to visit the El Museo del Prado, a great gallery, containing many famous works of art, among them work by Goya, Velázquez, El Greco, Rubens and Rafael.
- A fine day would involve a visit to Faunia, a huge amusement park, featuring among other things, a zoo with over 720 animal species.
- For additional information about Madrid, please visit wcities.com.