When flying with Icelandair, members of Icelandair Saga Club have the option of upgrading their seat and service on certain travel classes using their Saga Points. Economy Class Passengers travelling on FLEX fares can upgrade to Economy Comfort and Economy Comfort passengers can upgrade to Saga Class.
When members upgrade for Saga Points they are upgrading the service and seat and receive all service benefits available to on their upgraded travel class. However, members earn Saga Points according to paid fare. It is possible to apply for an upgrade on parts of flights, for example one way only.
Three steps to an easy Saga Points upgrade
- 1. Book your Economy Flex og Economy Comfort flight online or through the Icelandair Service Center
- 2. Make sure you have enough Saga Points for an upgrade
- 3. Call the Icelandair Service Center and request a Saga Points upgrade
For your information
- Award tickets cannot be upgraded for Saga Points.
- Upgrades are subject to availabilty.
- Upgrades for Economy Class Special, Economy Class and Economy Comfort Special are not allowed
- Upgrades are always made to the next travel class above the paid fare. An upgrade from Economy Class Flex to Saga Class is thus not possible
- Upgrades must be booked at an Icelandair's Sales office 24 hours prior to departure.
- No child discount is on upgrade with points.
- Upgrades cannot be arranged at check-in.
- Upgrades cannot be converted back to points.
- Service charge on Icelandair Awards is ISK 3.000 per adult.